We believe the Holy Bible to be verbally inspired and the infallible Word of God, from Genesis 1:1 to Revelation 22:21. We further believe the Bible to be preserved complete and without error for the English speaking people in the King James Version. II Tim. 3:16-17, II Peter 1:19-21 and Psalm 12:6-7
We believe Jesus Christ was born of a virgin, Mary; He is the Son of God, and God the Son. Gen. 3:15, Matt. 1:18-25
We believe that death is the result of the sin of Adam, and that we inherited his same nature by birth as well as the penalty for sin. Rom. 5:12, 6:23
We believe that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, the just for the unjust that He might bring us to God. We further believe Him to be the only way of salvation. John 14:6
We believe He rose from the grave the third day according to the Scriptures. Matt. 28:6-7
We believe that He alone is the great High Priest; and that we need not intercession of any man, but that Christ ever liveth to make intercession for us. Heb. 7:17-28
We believe that to be saved, a man must acknowledge he is a sinner, repent of his sin, and receive Christ as his Saviour. Luke 18:13, 13:3, John 1:12, Rom. 10:9-13
We believe that the church is a body of baptized believers whose only mission is to preach and teach the gospel of salvation to the individual soul. Matt. 28:18-21
We believe the church is local; and was given two ordinances: the Lord's Supper and Baptism. We believe that every born again soul should declare his faith by the act of baptism (immersion in water) setting forth the Lord's death, burial and resurrection. Rom. 6:3-5, Acts 2:41-42
We believe that Christ keeps those who are truly born again. We call this Eternal Security. II Tim. 1:12, John 10:28
We believe that all Christians are called to a life of separation from worldly and sinful practices; and to a life of usefulness for Christ. II Cor. 6:17, II Pet. 1:2-9
We believe that at Christ's coming in the air, the bodies of the dead in Christ shall be raised incorruptible; the bodies of Christians who are alive shall be changed and glorified, and without dying shall be caught up to be with the Lord. We believe that after the Rapture and Tribulation, Christ will return bodily to the earth with his saints, and will rule the world in righteousness for a thousand years at the end of which the unsaved dead will be resurrected and their judgement and eternal condemnation shall take place. Matt. 24:30-31, Rev. 19:11-16, 20: 5-6, 11, 15
We are a Baptist church by conviction and principle, not by affiliation. This means that we believe the basic Bible teachings for which Baptists have historically stood. As Baptists, we believe the following:
• Bible – The Bible is the final authority in all matters of faith and practice.
• Autonomy – The local church is an independent body accountable to Jesus Christ and not to a hierarchy outside the local assembly.
• Priesthood – Every believer is a priest of God and may enter into His presence directly through Jesus Christ our Great High Priest.
• Two Ordinances – Baptism by immersion in water and Communion.
• Individual Soul Liberty – Every individual has the liberty and responsibility to believe as his own conscience dictates. No one is forced to assent to any belief against his will. Each person will face the reward or consequences of that belief personally.
• Saved, baptized membership – Local church membership is limited to individuals who give credible testimony of personal faith in Jesus Christ and publically identify themselves with Him in believer’s baptism.
• Two Offices – Biblically mandated offices of the church are pastor and deacon.
• Separation of Church and State – God established both churches and civil government, neither should control the other. However, we do believe each person should practice their faith publically.
This statement of faith was prepared for the purpose of information regarding this website.
It does not sum up what we believe, but merely gives an overview of our stand, which is firmly rooted in the Bible, plus nothing, minus nothing.
Our "statement of faith" can be summed up in this phrase, "its only rule of faith and practice is the Holy Bible".